Disc Jockey’s (DJ’s)- Contractors Only
- Have own ABN.
- Have own public liability ins, or be prepared to obtain it, we will show you where to obtain it.
- Be technically skilled i.e. able to set up and pack down a show.
- Have own music, or we can provide you with music.
- Have drivers license & own transport – which is suitable to carry equipment.
- Have a bright personality, have a stage presence and be able to mix with a broad group of people.
- Be well presented and have ability to do voice over work as required.
- Must be able to read the crowd to produce the right mix of music.
- Must be over 18 years of age in order to work in licensed venues.
- Must be prepared to work Friday and Saturday nights and occasionally during the day. (eg Office Xmas partys)
- Previous experience is mandatory, a full resume detailing where you have worked is required, references maybe requested.
- You will be expected to take whatever gig comes along, we all have favorites genres however the mobile business is a broad mix so we cannot guarantee you will get only the 18th’s or 21st party’s, whilst every effort will be made to accommodate you, you need to remember we are a business and are expecting to compete in the market.
- Stage hands ie Roadies, at time you may be asked to help set up and pack down stage lighting, cabling, PA, cordless microphones and other duties as directed.
- Finally you will be an ambassador for Raven Entertainment and after a qualifying period you may be provided with a shirt, Polo top or Tee Shirt bearing our logo, which you will be required yo wear at all gigs.
You will be supplied all necessary equipment to do the gig, you will however be expected to look after the equipment, any damage caused through normal wear and tear will be picked up by Raven Entertainment. However if you manage to drop, lose, blow up PA or have something stolen then YOU will be expected to pay for any repairs, or replacement. Normal wear and tear items are light globes, speaker/microphone leads, microphones.
Unfortunately, calling to say you now have another commitment after you have confirmed your availability is NOT looked upon very well. There are generally no back up DJ’s available. Once you commit to a show you will be expected to do the show, if you cannot be generally available to commit or say yes when you mean no, then you are not the type of person required for these positions and need not apply.
Pay rates will be negotiated on your experience.
Payment are made via Electronic Bank Transfer AFTER the gig, which provides time to check with the venue that everything went well plus time to access that no equipment was damaged.
The contractor is required to inspect the place of work prior to commencement to ensure their own and the safety of customers/public is assured. It is the contractors responsibility to ensure the road worthiness of their transport and their own personal equipment is safe to use.
NOTE: Consumption of Alcohol or Drugs whilst working during a GIG is NOT permitted under any circumstances.
Still interested? How to apply
- Give us a call or email.
- For emails please remember to include your Contact Details and provide a resume or at least 2 venues where you have previously worked.
- Feel free to let me know where I can visit to watch you perform if your still working there.
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- You will be required to sign a contract agreeing to the above prior to commencement.